Alcoholism remains an urgent problem at any time. Many centuries ago, man learned to cook and drink alcohol. Before, fermented honey and fruit were used, then wine was made.
In China, rice was used to make alcohol, in India - barley, millet and in Iran - hemp. I learned about beer in Egypt. Alcoholic beverages quickly became popular.
Today there are many different types of alcohol that spoil people's lives, destroy families, completely transform a person.
How dangerous is alcohol? Is it possible to refuse?
If a person drinks alcohol in excess, he is called an alcoholic. But they talk about alcoholism when the person exceeds the traditional dose of alcohol. Some doctors refer to alcohol abuse as a serious illness because it leads to physical and mental dependence, resulting in withdrawal symptoms. In addition, the consequences of alcohol are serious diseases of Organs internal organs, nervous system, mental disorders.
It is important to distinguish between drunkenness and alcoholism. As a rule, drunkenness is always a consequence of alcoholism. The following stages of alcohol consumption can be distinguished:
- Convinced abstainer- does not drink alcohol.
- Rare use of alcohol, only on holidays.
- Moderate alcohol consumption- Three times a month.
- Alcohol abuse. . . This group includes drunks who drink very often and cannot control how much they drink. Special attention is given to people who show pronounced signs of alcoholism. They cannot give up their addiction because they are concerned with hangover and psychosis.
Myths about the use of alcoholic beverages
- First myth.Alcoholics are those who drink cheap drinks every day. In fact, this is not the case, there are different forms of alcoholism.
- Second myth.Drunkenness is not very dangerous for health, but unpleasant for others. Many people think that alcohol abuse is not as scary as drugs and other dangerous substances. In fact, alcohol leads to serious liver disease, heart disorders and can also cause pulmonary tuberculosis, chronic bronchitis and peptic ulcer.
- Third myth.Alcoholism can only be in someone who is prone to it. This is not true! Anyone can become addicted to alcohol.
- Fourth myth.It is impossible to relax without alcohol. There are many other ways to relieve stress, such as working out at the gym and relaxing with your family.
Reasons for alcohol addiction
There are three main reasons for alcohol abuse:
- Biological.It has been proven that in most cases alcoholism is the result of a genetic predisposition. It is believed that if parents abuse alcohol, then 50% of the fact that the child in the future will become addicted to it.
- Psychological.As a rule, alcoholism develops in inactive and weak-tempered people. In some situations, alcoholism is caused by psychogenic traumas, grief, lack of work and leisure.
- Socioeconomic.The sale of alcohol is not prohibited. It is a type of business that gives good returns.
What are the consequences of alcohol abuse?
Alcohol affects the central nervous system, the liver and also leads to myocardial infarction, acute circulatory disorders in the brain. But in pregnant women a child is born with various pathologies, defects. Often, alcohol during pregnancy leads to the death of children.
Alcoholism is the main cause of crime and disability. Because a person abuses alcohol, their performance decreases.
How to deal with addiction?
Remember, in this case, prohibitions do not apply. Psychotherapists are convinced that it helps more:
- Formation of an attitude towards a healthy lifestyle.
- Get rid of myths about alcohol.
- Communication with sober and healthy people.
Specific prevention of alcoholism includes:
- Prohibition of sale.
- Age bans on alcohol.
Indirect prevention includes decreasing the dose of alcohol, as well as increasing culture and education.
Why is it better to give up alcohol?
- It all ends with serious illness.
- The problem does not go away, it just grows and accumulates.
- Alcoholic beverages cause brain damage. It is important to note that the cells do not regenerate over time.
- To achieve the desired effect, the alcoholic increasingly uses different alcoholic beverages, without worrying about their harm.
It is worth mentioning that at the beginning, due to alcohol, the person slows down a little, then over time he stops completely controlling himself, he has memory problems, the coordination of movements is impaired. After a while, the inhibition affects the nerve center responsible for the vital functions of the body: body temperature, breathing, cardiac activity.
Alcohol negatively affects the reproductive system, over time it affects the genetic apparatus, so the child is born mentally underdeveloped, with various mental and physical pathologies. Scientists in France have proven that there are many cases of births of dead or deformed children, when the mother drank alcohol during pregnancy.
Therefore, in order to create a strong family with healthy descendants, it may be worthwhile to reconsider your bad habits. We don't fight, after drinking alcohol, you have fun, well, calm, but what about the next day? Frustration, emptiness, headache and boredom again. You don't have to build your life with bad habits, they bring temporary pleasure. Learn to have a healthy lifestyle. Then you turn around and see how beautiful the world around you is. Take care of your health, don't let addictions break you!