Alcoholism is a serious disease. According to narcologists, it is impossible to completely cure alcoholism. But many really want to get rid of the addiction. Therefore, this question is very relevant at the present time. So, how to stop drinking for good?
Why and when to stop drinking?
Often, an addicted person does not want to admit their illness. Therefore, quitting drinking on your own is a very difficult task for many. And even those who decide to go the right way sometimes fail and blow up.
First of all, it is worth saying that it is impossible to cure a neglected addiction on your own. This requires medical intervention.
It is worth thinking about treatment already when you:
- Drink drinks that contain alcohol more than once a month.
- Unable to relax and rest without alcohol.
- You cannot drink in moderation, but you get drunk to the point of unconsciousness.
If at least one of the signs applies to you, you are at risk for alcoholism. Alcohol addiction occurs much sooner than you start to realize, so you need to act now and not put off treatment until tomorrow.
The main task is that the person himself wants to stop drinking. Neither the persuasion of relatives, nor health problems, nor the loss of work and family can affect the dependent person. Without your own desire and motivation, it is impossible to stop drinking on your own, you can only get a temporary effect.
On the Internet, a large number of people say, "I want to stop drinking. "But they don't know how to do it. Some don't have enough willpower, others are waiting for the right moment, and still others don't see another life.
If you decide to start life without alcohol, decide why you need to stop drinking. What's more important to you: alcohol or healthy living?
Always remember "what I want":
- I want to stop drinking to live life fully and enjoy every moment.
- I want to stop drinking so I don't get serious illnesses and diseases.
- I want to redo everything and live without alcohol.
And remember the following rules:
- Drink only on holidays.
- Drink alcohol only in moderation.
There are many ways to stop drinking on your own. Perhaps medicines will help someone, and someone would prefer to be treated with folk methods.
The most effective and efficient way to get rid of alcohol cravings is to undergo treatment in a hospital setting. Now, there are many methods and methods of treatment. Coding for alcohol dependence is a complex treatment with medication and a psychological impact on the patient.
There are the following encoding methods:
- Doctor. It consists of taking pills, sewing on alcoholic blockers and administering alcohol inhibitors. The action of the method aims to create aversion to alcoholic beverages and neutralize the effect of alcohol consumption.
- Hardware. The use of electropulse or convulsive therapy, hyperthermic methods, laser exposure.
- Psychotherapy. It consists of the application of methods of several authors of psychological impact on a person.
After a full course of treatment, the desire for drinks containing alcohol is suppressed, the body is restored after a strong and prolonged alcohol intoxication. A person begins to realize his position, and a sense of self-preservation helps him to get rid of alcohol for good.
Almost all drugs used in the treatment of alcoholics have the ability to accumulate and, when interacting with ethyl alcohol, instantly cause a response, which consists in the deterioration of the condition and the manifestation of side effects.
Competent doctors help to correct a person's aversion to alcoholic beverages, and psychologists help to find new goals and attitudes in life, in which there is no place for alcohol.
If you decide to stop drinking on your own, first of all, you need to set a specific goal for yourself. Understand exactly what you want to achieve in life and how alcohol prevents you from achieving it. Drugs sold in pharmacies will help reduce the craving for alcohol.
But it is worth remembering that medicines must be taken very carefully. Drugs have their contraindications and side effects. Before taking, carefully read the instructions for use and dosage. Sometimes even the smallest overdose of a drug can lead to serious consequences, even death. It is good if you first consult a doctor.
All drugs, when interacting with alcoholic beverages, cause a strong side reaction, so if you are trying to cure an addict without their knowledge, you must be extremely cautious.
When drugs for alcoholism were not yet invented, people used folk recipes. How to stop drinking forever with the help of natural ingredients?
There are many ways to kick a bad habit on your own. And the remedy can be chosen for a specific alcoholic.
- Bay leaf. The simplest and most common remedy that can help with alcoholism is laurel decoction. The leaves are poured with boiling water and drunk.
- Herbs collection. Field mint, burdock, sorrel, horsetail and motherwort. Herbs in equal proportions are poured with boiling water and insisted, after which they drink in small portions. It is believed that such a decoction not only helps to get rid of alcohol, but also cleanses the addict's body of accumulated toxins and toxins.
- Decoction of violet, thyme, sage, mint, rosemary herbs. The collection of herbs is poured on the floor with a liter of vodka and left to infuse. The resulting tincture is taken 1 tablespoon per day, increasing to 6 tablespoons, and then reducing again to 1.
If we talk about herbs, you should know that some of them are allergens and even poisonous, because each person can have a different reaction to a specific recipe.
There are also recipes that disgust alcohol.
- bed bugs. The insects were added to a bottle of vodka and infused for about a week. The resulting tincture was given to an addict to drink. The color, smell and taste of alcohol did not change, but there was an acute reaction and the person completely refused to drink alcohol.
- puppeteer1 teaspoon of the root of the plant is poured with 50 grams of boiling water and insisted. Then 15 drops are added to a bottle of vodka and left to drink. There is severe vomiting, after which the person refuses to drink. If no reaction occurs, the procedure must be repeated. But the puppeteer is a poisonous plant, so weaning from alcohol with this remedy is under the supervision and control of a specialist.
- In equal proportions, mix the hull root and black pepper. Grind into powder and use as a seasoning for food. Regular use of such a spice can eventually cause alcohol aversion.
Of course, the effectiveness of all recipes can only be tested on your own body. It all depends on individual characteristics. The methods have really helped someone, but no one has ever experienced the result.
As already mentioned, the beginning of alcohol refusal must be a desire of the patient himself. Awareness of a destructive habit, the desire to change your life and get rid of alcohol - this is the main cure for alcoholism. And if a person is satisfied with his situation, he is happy, no method, remedy and persuasion will help in that situation. Take care of your health, sooner or later the negative effects of alcohol will be felt.